2021: A Critical Year for RegTech
We are very proud to have partnered with the City of London Corporation on this comprehensive research report on the UK RegTech market. With fieldwork conducted in Q4 2020, this report sheds light on how well the RegTech industry is performing, the impact of COVID-19 and some of the barriers to the adoption of innovative regulatory and compliance technology within the financial services sector.
The UK RegTech industry is at a key moment in its development – it is an industry which is scaling rapidly and more needs to be done to better support the sector to grow and thrive, adding value to broader financial services and the UK economy.
The City of London Corporation commissioned this research to investigate the barriers to innovation and adoption of RegTech and to learn how international best practice for enhancing competitiveness in this sector could be applied in the UK.
The report itself contains:
- A thorough overview of RegTech as an industry – its size, the types of firms it comprises and the growth prospects in the UK and beyond
- Detailed analysis of the barriers to the adoption of RegTech – not just from the perspective of the vendors but also regulators and financial institutions
- Ten key challenges which the UK RegTech industry needs to overcome
- A set of recommendations aimed at key stakeholders and policy-makers
We hope that this research provides a starting point for ongoing discussion and action to foster and nurture the RegTech sector, which will ultimately lead to a stronger and sounder financial services sector with better outcomes for consumers and investors.
Report launch webinar
The City of London Corporation is hosting the report launch webinar on Friday 16th April, 2021 .
Catherine McGuinness, Policy Chair of the City of London Corporation, will deliver the opening remarks. The opening remarks will be followed by an overview of the report and recommendations by Dr Sian Lewin, Co-founder & Head of Client Delivery and Research at RegTech Associates.
There will follow an interactive panel discussion moderated by Ghela Boskovich, Founder, FemTechGlobal and we are delighted to announce that the following speakers will be joining the panel:
- Sam Woods, Deputy Governor for Prudential Regulation and Chief Executive Officer, Prudential Regulation Authority
- Sheldon Mills, Executive Director Consumers and Competition, Financial Conduct Authority
- Joanne Smith, Executive Chair & Founder, TCC & Recordsure
- Dr Sian Lewin, Co-founder & Head of Client Delivery and Research at RegTech Associates.
Register to join us via the button below. Please pass this invitation to interested colleagues. We look forward to seeing you on 16 April.
The UK and Ireland RegTech Market
RegTech Associates, in partnership with The New South Wales (NSW) Government and The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade), have created an essential guide to entering the UK and Ireland market.
Download this report and read about:
Follow us on social media
Don’t miss our updates
Get the latest updates on RegTech straight to your inbox. We write about our upcoming events, insights, and the news and developments in the market.