Experts Take on Financial Crime – Web3 and Digital Assets
21st September 2022
The webinar covered the topic of financial crime in the digital assets market. We were proud to partner with Napier to deliver this webinar.
About the event:
While Web3 and digital assets have the potential to greatly benefit society, cryptocurrencies and decentralised finance (DeFi) protocols have become a central tool in the arsenal of cybercriminals. Statistics show cybercriminals laundered $8.6bn worth of cryptocurrency in 2021, a 30% increase from the year prior, and Chainalysis have observed a near 2000% increase in the total value of cryptocurrency laundered through DeFi protocols.
This webinar will focus on critical topic areas such as:
- The role of digital assets as a mechanism for laundering illicit capital
- The challenges facing law enforcement in identifying and prosecuting criminal activity on the blockchain
- Jurisdictional differences in the financial crime regulation of digital assets
- How traditional RegTech providers can leverage blockchain analytics to identify suspicious transactions
- Practical solutions to identifying and preventing financial crime on the blockchain (including leveraging technology, regulation and public/private collaboration)
Speakers at the webinar
Country Manager (Malaysia) Chainalysis
Executive Director Crypto UK
Head of APAC, Napier
Assistant United States Attorney
Watch our Fireside Chat
Watch the fireside chat with keynote speaker Ian Taylor on whether Digital Assets represent an opportunity for criminals and how FATF and regulatory bodies are considering addressing any risks in this area.
You can also find the fireside chat and other great video insights on our Radar platform